According to announcement of NIDA Council on September 1, 2008, NIDA established “Executive Affairs Division, Office of the President” by merging the supported departments; Discipline and Legal Affairs, Student Affairs, NIDA Relations and International Affairs, that are not related to any division together. Also, Public Relations and Executive Secretary were transferred from General Affairs Division to the new section, Policy and Organizational Development Section, under Executive Affairs Division.
Afterwards, NIDA has had new policy to divide the sections under Executive Affairs Division to response to the current situation and to be flexible. The policy reformed the structure of the division to separate into 7 internal sections;
1. Policy and Organizational Development Section
2. Executive Secretary Section
3. Public Relations Section
4. Office of Student Affairs
5. NIDA Relations Section
6. Office of International Affairs
7. Discipline and Legal Affairs
After following this framework for a while, the result is that the administration had been clear and flexible. When NIDA has had more policies and missions, there are the new role of corporate social responsibility and organizational network establishment. The division was reformed to follow the missions and to work effectively and successfully according to the announcement of NIDA Council on July 8, 2010. The division is divided into 6 sections;
1. Policy and Organizational Development Section
2. Corporate Communication and Social Responsibility Section
3. Student Affairs Section
4. Office of International Affairs
5. Global Conferences and Seminars Section
6. Discipline and Legal Affairs
Escalation of Executive Affairs Division’s Mission
The administrative role of Executive Affairs Division is separated into 6 sections. They are clear and efficient under limited condition. Later, NIDA executives had considered to communicate and publish their policies to operational sections by meeting, seminar and monitoring the performance of Academic Center.
As a result of that, the structure of some sections needs to be modified. Not only increase more sections but also decrease the sections to support the escalated missions. Executive Affairs Division has assignments as follows;
1. Dean/Director meeting
2. Administrative Dean/Director meeting
3. administrative executives meeting
4. Research and Academic Service
5. Monitoring of performance of Academic Center
From mentioned assignments, three of them are to communicate the executives’ policy to other levels of operational sections according to their roles, and also to monitor the performance of NIDA executives in overall and in detail of administration. Research and Academic Service is to control and monitor the progress of Academic Center’s performance.
The structure modification made to support the escalated missions and to work effectively. Its conclusion is as follows;
- Dean/Director meeting, administrative Dean/Director meeting and administrative executives meeting combined with Global Conferences and Seminars Section. Policy and Organizational Development Section changed to Policy and Convention Affairs Section.
- Dean/Director meeting, Research and Academic Service and monitoring of performance of Academic Center, which have responsibility in monitoring the progress of performance of research policy, academic service and operation of Academic Center to undertake the research and academic services to be new commercial products of NIDA, are constituted to be new section, Office of Performance Monitoring: Academic Center, under Executive Affairs Division.
Aims to reach NIDA vision by facilitating the executive team, coordinating all parties, making creative communications, supporting CSR and student activities.
1. Facilitate the services for NIDA executives, organize the meeting to carry out NIDA policies and manage NIDA executive secretary to succeed their targets.
2. Arrange Dean/Director meeting, coordinate research and academic services and monitor the performance of Academic Center.
3. Contribute and support the activities of academic, recreation, sports, CSR, traditional culture and health service for students.
4. Support, encourage the participation and build the network of educational management, research, graduated student development and other national and international educational activities.
5. Enhance the confidence of being independent and transparent to enforce the discipline and law. Additionally, offer any suggestion and solution of legislation with exactitude to defend all accessories.
6. Improve the creative communication by focusing on the publication to every kind of mass medium and technology in the reason that people can get update information of NIDA continuously, which affect them to be trusted in NIDA service.
7. Undertake the CSR activities for the society to be the sustainable development.